STANWAY HOUSE,GARDENS & FOUNTAIN
Stanway House is noted for its mellow, peaceful atmosphere. The glory of the Stanway watergarden is the single-jet fountain in the Canal. The Stanway Watergarden, one of the finest in England, was created in the 1720s for John Tracy
For information on opening times and admission costs, please see http://www.stanwayfountain.co.uk
- Society for Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) Mills Section
National body which campaigns for the preservation and protection of wind and watermills. Involved with legislation affecting mills. Organises national meetings and visits. Publishes newsletters and books for members.
- Midland Mills Group
Regional offshoot of SPAB. Organises monthly meetings for mill enthusiasts in Birmingham. Publishes newsletter, periodic journals and annual visits to mills for members.
- The Mills Archive
National library and archive in Reading sharing records and history relating
to traditional mills and milling. Publishes newsletter to members.
- Gloucestershire Society for Industrial Archaeology
Regional society to promote study of industrial heritage particularly in
Gloucestershire. Publishes newsletter and organises regular visits to sites for
- Charlecote Mill, Hampton Lucy, Stratford – http://www.charlecotmill.co.uk
- Sarehole Mill. Hall Green Birmingham – http://www.bmag.org.uk
- Daniels Mill Bridgenorth – http://www.danielsmill.co.uk
- Forge Needle Mill Redditch – http://www.forgemill.org.uk
- Hereford Waterworks Museum – http://www.waterworksmuseum.org.uk
- Churchill Forge Kidderminster – http://www.churchillforge.org.uk
- Dunkirk Mill, Nailsworth and St Marys Mill, Chalford – http://www.stroud-textile.org.uk
- Lower Slaughter Mill, Lower Slaughter – http://www.oldmill-lowerslaughter.com